It is our sincere hope and prayer that all parents bringing their children forward for baptism will do so in the spirit of love and commitment to both the children and to the Christian church.
It is our intent that we as a church should receive parents with their children in the spirit of love, and further that we will provide a warm and spiritual relationship in which the children may learn and grow in the life of Jesus Christ and the church.
With this in mind, we offer the following guidelines:
- We would hope that one or both parents are members of the United Church of Canada.
- We would encourage parents to be actively involved in the life of a United Church congregation in their community before and after baptism.
- Parents will be required to meet with one of our ministers prior to the baptism date.
- In extenuating circumstances, a suitable sponsor who is an active member of our church may take the vows on the parents’ behalf. Godparents will normally be members of a Christian community.
- Baptisms will be performed during regular church services.
- The congregation will endeavour to provide an active and ongoing Christian education program so that all baptized children grow up within the life of the congregation.
Please don’t hesitate to call and speak to one of our ministers for more information and details as to the next date scheduled for baptism.